I’m sure I’m not the first to notice this but my Facebook news feed has started to become so flooded with images, links, videos and updates that I don’t care about from “friends” that I don’t see or catch up with enough that it’s starting to get really tiresome to sift through the rubbish to look at stuff I really care about.
So I present the top ten things that have really gotten me sick of Facebook.
1. Over sharing photos of your baby or children. Or worse, photos of your new born child with vagina goo on their face plastered all over Facebook seconds after exiting your wife’s womb.
2. Links for news articles that I don’t care about. And worse still, if I DO care, bloody Facebook wants me to install an app to read the news. (Yes Yahoo!, I’m looking at you.)
3. Self portraits. If you want to look at yourself, go to the bathroom and do it with a mirror. Having an entire album of self portraits is mildly creepy even if you’re hot.
4. Photos of weddings or wedding dinners. It’s tough when you’re single like me.
5. Motivational posters that you share. (Seriously screw that. You wanna be motivated? Do something about it. Sharing it on Facebook isn’t going to change anything!)
6. Status updates that are not funny.
7. Status updates doesn’t make a point or leaves people hanging after reading it. Your friends will then get ignored after they comment and asked what’s wrong.
8. Photos of people that I don’t freaking recognize and then realized that their photos are showing up on my news feed because they decided to tag someone that I’m friends with in their photo. The person (my friend) is not in the photo so why the hell are you tagging my friend and spamming my news feed?!
9. Check ins of friends in countries I’m not in at places I don’t care about, like a freaking bus stop. Seriously?
10. Facebook game invites/scores/I want to punch you in the face/requests/achievements. I swear to god if I get another notification for a Slotmania request I’m going to bloody pick my eyeballs out with a fork.
I have to admit I might have done some of the things I’ve listed (not that I recall) but it’s getting to a point that I just want to clean house and leave Facebook altogether. I’ll be deactivating my account and not deleting it entirely in case I might not be able to resist the urge and come back in a couple of days, months or hopefully never. In fact, I’m not even sure if Facebook allows you to delete your account at all.
And yes I’m going to leave the “like” button on my blog posts because I want people to flood their friends’ news feed with my links. Haha!
So there you go. I’m sick and tired of the cluttered mess that is Facebook and will be using Twitter, Instagram (@alvinng) and Foursquare exclusively for my social media needs and if you need to invite me to an event, give me a call, text me on iMessage/Whatsapp/SMS or just drop a Google calendar invite into my Gmail.
You see, not everything needs to go through Facebook you know?